Are you tired of annoying SMSes and phone calls you receive from your operators or others advertisers who have their number in their database? It’s time you registered in the National Do not Call Registry and take one step closer to avoiding irritating calls.
Why register at NDNC?
The National Do Not Call Registry functions under the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India and is responsible for letting users opt out of receiving offers and messages from third party companies.
“The primary objective of the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC Registry) is to curb Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC).”
If you enrol your number into NDNC, you will receive much less offers and stupid automated phone calls asking you to get caller tunes. Your number will also not be revealed to local dealers who call you and ask you to come collect a “gift”.
How to register?
1. Visit NDNC Registry Website
2. Read through the information and see if you are OK with things.
3. Take your phone and do either of the following
SMS to 1909 with keywords ‘START DND’
4. Go to this page and check if you number has been enrolled.
5. If it doesn’t list your number, wait for a day then try checking again. If it still doesn’t show a changed status, follow all these steps once again.
Please note that this is something done by the Indian Government. You can expect it to be as bad as our internal politics and is a good reason why you must wait and wait and wait as always before you get in. And even if you do, you might still receive a few offers, but it will certainly be an improvement.
Source : InfoGeek